Thursday, May 14, 2009

lucky me

I have been very lucky in life...I suppose.  I have had jobs in the past that bestowed upon me "free stuff". 

When I worked at a bookstore/publishing importer, I got a bundle of copies (I miss this...) and when I worked in the radio business I got lots of sample CDs.  Some of the CDs were like this:
This is the latest promotional sample CD by Warner Music Japan.  (This CD is NOT for sale.)

Sample CDs are not always filled with the latest releases.  Sometimes they have old hits to help remind people in the media of upcoming concerts or other events of "promotional value".

Here are a few of my favorites from this CD...Green Day's new song (that goes on sale in Japan tomorrow) "Know Your Enemy", Keziah Jones "My Kinda Girl", Alain Clark "Father and Friend", Jack Penate's "Tonight's Today" is rather interesting too.

Sweetbox has a new singer...the prior vocalist for Sweetbox (till 1996) was Jade Valerie.  
I remember meeting her when she started her solo career.  She was so sweet (no pun intended) and I hope that she will continue to release new albums.  (I think she is working on releasing one right now...)

The gem on this sample compilation would have to be a re-mastered version of Mr. Big's "Next Time Around"...  The regrouped band will be in my area of Japan one month from today and I am psyched.


No comments: